2016 THiA Annual Conference
May 1 - 4, 2016
THIA 2016 Annual Conference Returns to Florida
May 1st through May 4th, 2016
Naples Grande Beach Resort, Naples, Florida
Whether you are a travel insurance or reinsurance employee, a regulator, a broker/consultant or an industry partner, the 2016 Travel Health Insurance Association of Canada Conference is designed with you in mind. Our high-level conference addresses the many diverse and complex issues facing you, the leaders of the Canadian travel insurance industry. The 2016 conference is designed to help you differentiate between threats and opportunities and determine strategies that will allow you to survive and thrive in either case.
The speakers’ line-up is our strongest ever, including the former Canadian ambassador to the United Nations, and humanitarian, Stephen Lewis! The sessions are designed to be thought-provoking, informative, inspirational as well as educational.
Our confirmed speakers to date include:
- Eugene Delaune, MD, Medical director for Sentinel MED / Jim Evans, MD, Managing director of Sentinel MED, Medical Considerations of Repatriating of International and Domestic Patients
- Darrell Bricker, CEO, Ipsos Reid
- Patrick Collette, National Sales and Business Development Director, AXA Assistance & Russ Sabo, Manager Emergency Response and Business Recovery, WestJet, Crisis Response – Behind the Scenes
- Joe Cafazzo, MD, Lead, eHealth Innovation, University Health Network, Toronto
- Jill McCutcheon, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Timothy Caulfield, Professor, Faculty of Law and the School of Public Health at the University of Alberta; Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything? : When Celebrity Culture And Science Clash
- Edward Nagel, CPA, CA, IFA, CBV, Principal, Nagel Forensics
- Daniel Zimmerman, MD, V.P. and Medical Director, RGA Reinsurance Company, Climate Change and New Health Threats
- Stephen Lewis, Humanitarian, TIME magazine's: one of the 100 most influential people in the world and former Canadian ambassador to the United Nations
There will also be briefings from the THIA executive as well as our committee chairs on the many initiative that have been undertaken.
After several years in other states, our conference returns to Florida – this time to Naples, known for world class shopping, dining and abundant, challenging golf courses. It also boasts some of the best beaches in the US wit the calmest seas. Naples is located on the Gulf of Mexico in Southwest Florida.
Our conference hotel is the recently renovated Naples Grande Beach Resort. This beach property sets the standard for treating guests to endless activities, incredible nearby sights and an unmatched level of service and attention. Our conference room fee is $199 USD per night plus applicable taxes.
The conference committee will have more information in the weeks and months ahead, including details on a tour as well as the THIA Annual Golf Tournament. For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ryan Lee at as soon as possible, as they go quickly.