This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Province: Toronto, Ontario
Position: Manager Licensing & Regulatory Compliance
Deadline: June 28, 2019
Posted: June 3, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Vice President, this role is a subject matter expert in the area of Regulatory Compliance and Licensing matters; providing leadership in ensuring all appropriate licenses are held and maintained; assisting with the maintenance and implementation of the corporate licensing strategy, and providing education to internal and external stakeholders. The Manager should demonstrate unquestionable ethics and represent the department and Allianz Global Assistance in a professional manner at all times, within the high standards of quality service provided.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist the VP with the development maintenance of the Licensing Strategy; working with other functional areas to determine business requirements, and research and document licensing requirements to support the business strategic imperatives.
- Implement the Licensing strategy, applying for and maintaining all appropriate distribution and adjudication licenses and registrations across all application jurisdictions.
- Conduct research and analysis on existing and upcoming changes to all applicable regulations related to the distribution and adjudication of travel insurance products; summarizing for internal communication, and suggesting necessary enhancements or changes to internal processes and procedures.
- Create and embed a risk-aware and regulatory compliant culture by developing and effectively delivering training and education material on regulatory compliance topics and proactively engaging and networking with key stakeholders.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of a robust Privacy program
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner at all times, building necessary relationships, and providing education and coaching to demonstrate true subject matter expertise.
- Collaborate with others to integrate risk and control activities to improve effectiveness of risk management the organization’s regulatory compliance program and generate synergies from related disciplines.
- Provide support to the VP for Group Risk, Compliance and Legal activity and projects.
- Provide leadership and help mentor and coach Risk and Compliance Regulatory Compliance and Legal staff, and cultivate a professional, high-performance and client-focused work environment.
What we offer you:
- A competitive total rewards package, including a competitive base salary, benefits as of day one, and membership in the company’s Annual Incentive Plan
- Flexible work hours
- A supportive team environment
- The possibility of developing a long-term career in the insurance sector while helping others
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Proficient using Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point). Experience with SharePoint is beneficial.
- Knowledge of department and company policies and procedures. Understanding of insurance concepts and the impact of policy provisions on the risk assumed is helpful.
- Proven ability to make sound judgments achieved by possessing strong analytical skills.
- communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Teamwork, collaborative style of working, process orientation and customer focus.
- Resourceful and controlled assertive behaviour characteristics.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to their completion, working on own initiative with stakeholder awareness and approvals.
- Highly developed organizational, time management and documentation skills. Must be able to write clear and concise reports and presentations appropriate to the audience.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to conduct research, gather information and analyze a variety of data.
- Proven ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Self motivated, and ability to motivate others within department and company overall.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity, and ability to handle highly confidential information.
All successful candidates must be able to pass an Enhanced Reliability Check performed by the Government of Canada.
At Allianz Global Assistance, you will feel good about your career, the company, and positively impacting people’s lives. At Allianz Global Assistance, you will feel at home. Allianz Global Assistance offers a very competitive total rewards package. If you are interested in applying for this or any other opportunity, please visit our Careers’ page at www.allianz-assistance.ca.
Regrettably, due to the volume of applications received, only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please no agencies.
Allianz Global Assistance Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you may require accommodation in completing the application process please email email@example.com or call our toll free number 1-800-461-1079 and ask to speak to a member of the Human Resources Recruiting Team. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise the Recruiter of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Apply online at: