This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Province: Toronto, Ontario
Position: Manager, Travel Business Innovation and Product Development
Deadline: March 7, 2019
Posted: February 7, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Individual Insurance is a business unit within Manulife dedicated to marketing life, health, and living benefit insurance products, such as travel insurance, through direct response methods and traditional agent sales. Our clients are professional, alumni and retiree associations, financial institutions, retailers, and other organizations that have a strong affinity with their members or customers.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Initiatives & Business Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for generating new travel business streams that deliver value to customers. The focus of this opportunity is within the Travel Insurance business line, helping to manage the transformation of the travel business to maintain and grow its market leadership position.
As a Manager, Travel Business Innovation and Product Development you will:
- Manage multiple projects concurrently while improving the effectiveness of our business models to support distribution, deliver innovative product offers & client/partner experiences.
- Manage U.S. Travel including taxation, compliance and business development, technology implementation [B2B] and ongoing product development. This includes working with outside counsel and vendors for compliant distribution initiatives.
- Be able to create new products, develop policy wording and fulfilment materials for new products in collaboration with stakeholder groups.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities across Manulife and craft collaborative opportunities on a wide-scale basis.
- Assist with International product delivery.
- Recognize opportunities for streamlining processes in the travel business and determine solutions to simplify and maintain market leadership position.
Qualifications / Required Skills
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or Business
- Proven business expertise, preferably in the financial services field
- Strategic, customer-centric mindset
- Strong and proven collaboration and interpersonal skills but able to work independently
- Able to pivot between many ongoing projects successfully
- Excellent analytical skills for new business analysis with an eye for detail
- Strong communication skills
- Experience writing strategic business cases and implementation of projects that inspire change
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
We are committed to creating a workplace that offers unlimited opportunities for employees to realize their career goals. Whether it’s working abroad, exploring a new career direction or simply progressing in their chosen field, we help our employees reach their full potential.
Please apply through our career portal:
or on LinkedIn.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had about 35,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of September 30, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$863 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $27.6 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.