COVID-19 continues to impact travel and now, more than ever before, travellers have a greater responsibility to consider travel advisories and other information available through the Government of Canada and to better understand the details of their travel insurance before they travel.
Rules and guidelines are changing rapidly in this uncertain environment. Be sure to monitor applicable government websites regularly and stay in touch with your insurance provider for the most up-to-date information.
THiA recommends that all Canadians respect government travel advisories regarding non-essential travel outside of Canada. Travel is a personal decision for everyone. If you do choose to travel, it is important that you plan ahead, research, ask questions, be knowledgeable and make sure that all the elements of your trip come together for a safe experience. THIA’s Golden Rules now apply more than ever: Know your trip, know your health, know your policy, and know your rights.
Helpful available websites
- Travel advisories: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
- Provincial and territorial restrictions: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/provinces
- Returning to / entering Canada: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start
- ArriveCan app: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html
- Definition of fully vaccinated: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#determine-fully