Travel health insurance pays for your emergency medical expenses while travelling. It keeps you protected from unexpected medical emergencies and related expenses that may arise while travelling domestically or internationally. If you are travelling and have an unexpected illness, injury, or need immediate medical attention, your travel health insurance will cover you up to your plan limit.
Some benefits may include:
- Trip interruption
- Ambulance and air ambulance costs
- Emergency hospital and medical costs
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Trip cancellation for non-refundable monetary losses
- Baggage loss, rental car damage, out-of-pocket expenses
All travel health insurance plans are customizable and can be tailored to your specific needs and travel plans. There are numerous travel health insurance options to choose from, and several THIA member organizations can help you find the right one for you.